A Nintendo Switch in good condition should cost around $250, while a Nintendo Switch Lite should cost between $150 and $200. These costs might be lower if the Switch doesn’t include any games and may include some games.
You should first think about the console’s state. Purchasing a used Switch can be a good investment if it has been well-maintained and is in good operating order, especially if you can do it at a reduced cost.
The seller’s warranty and return policy should also be taken into account. If the console is broken or not as advertised, you may be able to return it under the terms of some dealers’ limited warranties or return policies.
Last but not least, you should think about the dangers of purchasing a used console. For instance, the console might have been stolen, and you might be buying stolen goods without realizing it. Consequently, it is crucial to purchase from a reliable vendor or marketplace that protects the buyer.
Overall, purchasing a used Nintendo Switch might be a wise choice if you are prepared to do your research, especially if you are on a tight budget.
How To Be Safe Buying A Used Nintendo Switch?
Make careful you purchase from a dependable vendor, such as a well-known retailer or a person with positive ratings and reviews on online marketplaces.
Examine the condition of the console: Before making a purchase, carefully examine the console for any physical flaws or damage. Find out from the vendor whether they have ever had any problems with the console or if it has ever been fixed.
Check the serial number of the console with Nintendo to make sure it hasn’t been stolen or isn’t blocked from internet services. You may check the console’s serial number on Nintendo’s website or by getting in touch with their customer service department.
Verify the return and warranty policies: Verify the return and warranty policies provided by the
Benefits And Drawbacks Of Buying A Used Switch:
- Some sellers offer discounted bundles that include games, controllers, and accessories.
- If you locate a Nintendo Switch that is much less expensive than a brand-new one, you might be able to save some money.
- Purchasing a used console requires more effort; you’ll need to examine it in person and negotiate for the best price, among other things.
- The possibility of purchasing a stolen console exists.
- If you don’t know the seller directly, it’s tough to find out the history of a used console.
- A brand-new Nintendo Switch typically costs $50 more than a used one. You might not save much.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of Buying A New Switch:
- It takes years of regular use for brand-new consoles to start having issues.
- If you want to upgrade, you can always sell your current device.
- A Nintendo Switch that is brand new comes with a warranty.
- Even after the warranty period has passed, Nintendo still provides support.
- Nintendo package prices are higher.
- Some consumers may not be able to afford the price of a brand-new Switch.
A new device is always a good idea because, in addition to all the benefits mentioned above, you get to open the box and see how brand-new it is. Even while buying a used one could require additional games, controllers, and accessories, you can acquire it for much less money.
Here are some suggestions in case you decide to purchase a used Nintendo Switch:
A Switch that cannot retain a charge is useless, so carefully inspect the USB C charging connector to be sure it has not been tampered with in any way.
Check to see whether your Switch has any significant cosmetic issues that will impair its operation. The Switch screen is constructed out of plastic, which makes it more scratch-prone than the majority of mobile phone screens.
If you’re buying your Switch used and it has a screen protector, this is a good sign the owner protected the Switch and it’s in good shape. This can be avoided by using a tempered glass screen protector.
It Should Come With All the Basic Accessories
Why would it be beneficial to purchase a used Nintendo Switch if your Switch does not already come with most of the accessories if not all of them?
Nintendo Switch Accessories
- Nintendo Switch Charger
- Nintendo Switch Dock
- Joy-Con Grip
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Straps
- HDMI Cable
- Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons (L&R)
Used Nintendo Switches Can Be Banned From Online Play
A used Nintendo Switch will have its online access terminated if it is discovered downloading games illegally or being modified via homebrew.
The error code 2124-4007 will appear when you open the application, and it will then close, preventing you from using the Nintendo E-shop or playing online games.
The issue is that there is no way to know if a Switch has been banned; the only way to know is to ask the owner to play any game online and snap images as proof, or to access the E-Shop.