It’s really hard to be a student or a worker that deals with a great number of paper works. Fortunately, we can turn to as easy as asking for help from technology. This is how they serve their purpose. After all, they are built to make our jobs lighter.
However, dealing with technology is another problem. The lack of knowledge about it might cause more inconvenience. This is the reason some people still choose manual ways of solution. This also explains the in-demand call for skilled technology literate persons in the workforce area.
For some self-taught users, technology literacy could be of general knowledge. Mastering the things under your tools comes from experience. There are many technical problems you may encounter while dealing with files. Some files are harder to access than others. The different applications and security levels it.
Converting files has been probably the most common one. This occurs at the generality of use for both workers and students regarding organizing data and information.
More often, the first question to be asked is, “How should you be able to do this?” To understand more of how it works, we should always start by asking, “What are these things that I’m dealing with?”
We save files in different extensions. One is converting PDF to Excel. This may vary depending on the software used for making the file. Another is choosing the best form that you want your output to take. Processing software provides different applications that come in different purposes, such as
- Word Documents files that contain general simple contents such as text and images.
- Excel files that come from concentrated software. The spreadsheet applications address problems that make up mathematical problems. It simplifies the information in a table manner formatting. It is essential for data processing. It also allows the input of mathematical formulas for precise results.
- PowerPoint presentation files are those intended to be presented. We use it for reporting. Feature includes ease of gliding the slides as the topic progresses in the discussion.
- Publications are usually the files that are made to publish or print out. Examples are magazines and newspapers. The output shows the editing features offered.
You can store the output of the files in their respective format extensions. It is also possible to save them as a PDF file. Portable Document Format is an optional saving format that sets aside the file as a standalone one.
This extension is popular because of the following reasons:
- The file output will always be in the same format, regardless of the application.
- Accurate way of presentation even after hand-in-hand sharing processes.
- The file is secured and convenient in every way that it may serve.
When you receive a file saved in another extension, that’s when a problem occurs. Take the fact that PDF formats are not as easy to manipulate.
Proceeding to the second question “How?” specifically, “How do you convert a PDF file into an Excel file?”
Online Converter Solutions
Searching up solutions online offers a variety of results. The PDFBear is an online platform you can use to convert one format to another. This website can help you do the job quickly to save more time.
- Open the website on your browser
- Next, upload the PDF file you need to access
- Click and choose the conversion from PDF to Excel
- Finally, download it
Microsoft Word or OneDrive
You may also use Microsoft Word and OneDrive as an online solution.
- Upload the file in OneDrive and open it using word online.
- As Word online opens the PDF file, convert it to an editable document.
- This way, you can copy the contents of the PDF file to a spreadsheet software application.
- Paste it on a spreadsheet.
However, each type of solution shares its advantages and disadvantages.
If you know you will deal with this problem for a long period, factors may affect it. If an internet connection won’t be available, you won’t be able to even start your work. Nothing to worry about! We also provided offline solutions that may help you in your time of need and convenience.
Consider us not holding the flow of internet connection. We must be flexible in facing dire situations.
Here are some tips to help you convert a PDF file to Excel even with the absence of the internet.
As simple as the copy and pasting method, you may solve your problem.
Opening the file, drag down the mouse, and highlight everything you want to copy. You may use the shortcut Control + C using the keyboard keys or hitting the copy button.
Paste it in a spreadsheet file, but for better results, you may use the special pasting feature. This decides whether you will paste the HTML script, Unicode Text, but the best option for you is Text.
The thing is, not all PDF files can be copied, and sometimes, the copy-paste method output is not as accurate. Another thing is that it will practically paste the data you copied in a single column. You will do further work after the easy Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.
- Another way is that you may want to try opening the PDF file in a document extension first. Then, copy the data into Excel.
- The most necessary step is to make the file editable as it will also make it more accessible.
However, the result may not be as good as it is illustrated in PDF format. This method works best with simple files with simple contents.
Converting the complete document is not a problem. If you have downloaded software that would amend your problem as it also works offline. Application software may require payment. This method could work on mobile phones as well.
- Adobe Acrobat DC is one of those that may help
- It gives you the option of exporting the PDF file and converting it to a spreadsheet export format.
- After exporting, save the file and problem solved
Occasional tryouts help to figure what works the best and easiest for you. We hope that this solution served as a big help! We also hope this post has increased your knowledge when it comes to converting files. Happy converting!