Every farm in a developed country cannot do without the use of chemicals – herbicides to kill pests and weeds. However, everyone knows that such liquids have a toxic effect on both the human body and the environment. To avoid this, careful control over the number of herbicides sprayed and reduction in their concentration is required.
For such purposes, modern IT industries offer farmers unique spraying technology. Such software provides full control, and timely blocking of herbicide supply at a distance, using a smartphone and Internet connection.
What is spraying technology in modern agriculture?
The modern technology of spraying herbicides on farmer’s fields and in agro-complexes is such an electronic system, which is a classic pipeline, pumps for transporting chemicals under pressure, with high-tech automated sensors that control the dosage of liquid components to milligrams.
According to statistics and a lot of expertise, the introduction of intelligent spraying of cultivated plants is reduced 90% of the loss of chemicals that were previously simply absorbed into the soil, polluting groundwater. Today, smart spraying makes it possible to achieve an effective saving of herbicides by more than 2 times and reduce the level of environmental pollution.
Structure and principle of operation of the smart herbicide cracking system
Innovative systems for smart spraying pesticides on farmers’ fields to kill insects and weeds consist of the following basic elements, each of which plays an important function in the operation of the entire technology:
- Nozzles are the most important part of the system for supplying liquid reagents to plants. The outlet nozzle of the nozzle is adjusted in such a way that the liquid breaks up into microscopic sprays for sufficient irrigation, but at the same time, to reduce the consumption of pesticides and their level of environmental impact. In smart technologies, such nozzles are equipped with an electric drive and sensors controlled by farmers through remote access.
- Sensors are sensitive analyzers that automatically detect insufficient amounts of fertilizer to feed plants and evenly distribute the level of liquid supply to precisely those areas that need irrigation the most. A smart analyzer allows you to accurately determine the amount of liquid not only on leaves, stems, flowers, or fruits of cultural wounds but also in the soil, near the roots.
- Pumps, pipelines, pesticide storage tanks, and other details that every classic farm irrigation and fertilization system has.
It should be taken into account that such systems are upgraded every year and increase their efficiency since each customer of the company is an investor in the development of new technologies, which makes it possible to cyclically increase the quality and enhance the efficiency of such systems, automating agriculture around the world.
What does modern smart technology for irrigating farm fields in agriculture give?
The development of a system for remote access to field sprinklers for accurate dosing of herbicides on plants makes it possible to solve the following major tasks and problems of agriculture:
- An absolute reduction in the number of harmful emissions into the fields, into the soil, and into the atmosphere, an improvement in the environmental situation in the country and in the world, in comparison with the classical method of fertilizing plants.
- Intelligent high-precision sensors analyze in detail in real time those areas of plants and roots that need fertilizer, which reduces the risk of an overdose of substances and, as a result, fruit poisoning.
- Precise dosing and cost savings of fertilizers to irrigate plants, fruits, or leaves significantly reduce the imminent risks to human health, which is why such intelligent spray systems have long been taken into consideration by many sanitation authorities in every developed country.
- The organization of work on fertilizing and planting and caring for the fields is being improved. Farmers get the opportunity to do this much faster, without detailed field possession of crops, since in order to make a decision to increase or decrease the concentration of herbicide spraying, it is only necessary to download an offer on a laptop or motel device, after which the operator will accurately make subsequent decisions about the need.
- A high level of automation of field processing, allows the management of the agricultural holding to develop with little or no increase in staff, and this also entails the development of the company, reducing costs, gaining a competitive advantage, and an inevitable increase in profits.
- Reduced labor costs when processing plants using a smart spray system and high-precision sensors.
Unfortunately, agriculture is still very conservative and far from the global modernization of industry. However, despite the fact that many managers assume that such innovative solutions and the application of IT technologies to automate the irrigation and irrigation of fields are difficult to master, this is not at all the case. The application for spray technology management features a simple interface, graphics, and animations, as well as a minimum number of complex functions, which is why the training of an agronomist or engineer takes no more than 2 to 3 days.
The main stages of work with the intelligent spraying system
Stage 1. Cameras and sensors are installed in the fields, which analyze the current situation with cultivated plants and transmit the image to the operator for further decisions.
Step 2. Identification of problem areas, such as plants that require additional irrigation with pesticides to remove excess weeds.
Stage 3. Inclusion in the work of a neural network for a detailed analysis of the uneven situation in the fields on farms – the system recognizes exactly the problem areas to automate the spraying technology.
Stage 4. Exposing the diffusers of the irrigation system, adjusting the force of the herbicide flow for the treatment of plants.
Step 5. Using GPS tags to pinpoint weeds to be eradicated by herbicide spraying.
Stage 6. – direct supply of chemicals for effective impact on plants in order to destroy weeds and pests.
Benefits of an intelligent spray system
- Reduction of overhead costs, as well as the purchase of chemicals by reducing losses.
- Preservation of many plant species without their mutations or poisoning, in their original form.
- Reducing the risk of spreading diseases of cultivated plants across the field.
- The economic effect is an almost instant payback of costs, a profit, and a reduction in the labor costs of the owner of a farm or agricultural holding.
When a client contacts a company developing an application for the needs of agriculture. Engineers and programmers take into account all the needs of the customer, after which they brainstorm and draw up a technical task. The new intellectual product will fully meet all the requirements of modern agriculture, the environment, and others, which allows the farmer to quickly reach a competitive level.